Monday, March 14, 2005

...or maybe not.

Okay - I just don't get it. It's got to be a laser error... after coming home to the tunes on an audio CD I wanted to retest my head-unit with an MP3 CD (which, in my view is a bare essential for car audio nowadays)... well, it gave me the same error as before and ejected the CD-RW I was attempting to feed it. Then I reloaded the regular CD and it played just fine - and I was able to skip forward and backward on the disc okay too.

I'm thinking I'll put up with this for a couple of weeks (try a few different audio CDs). Maybe even burn an audio CD to a CD-RW just to see if maybe it's the fact that it's a rewriteable it doesn't like (which is possible, I guess). I suppose I could live with that.

Better that it outright died though since I really need a legit excuse to go out and get a new unit anyway. Still have my eye on that Kenwood KVT-715 at Best Buy too. That'd be pretty awesome (and the asthetic matches my car interior too). Anybody out there know if it'll play music even with the screen closed? Although the controls are exposed in the closed position, it doesn't appear to have any form of display... just curious. This particular unit is incredibly lacking in user reviews on the web. Ack! Maybe I'll just head over to the store tomorrow night with a few of my own test discs and try it out. Any excuse to tool around with a demo unit...^_^

No comments: