Tuesday, March 15, 2005

the ongoing saga of the CD-MP40

~_~;
I'm half disappointed this morning... up until now it was perfectly justifiable to replace that head-unit with a newer model if only because it simply did not do what I needed it to do: play a disc of MP3 while I'm on one of those long drives home. With 700Mb of music, I wouldn't need to fumble with changing discs while driving (in fact, it's something I never got used to - I remember actually serving a bit back when I changed cassettes...).

Well, my experiment was both a success and failure this morning. Brought two discs with me:
1) An MP3 disc on a CD-R
2) A audio CD on a CD-RW
And again... the rewriteable wouldn't play. I've seen this before - on a portable "Discman" style player - after a while, it just didn't seem to like RW discs.

Ah but now what? Now I've got a machine that's still a working radio, still works as a CD player, still plays MP3 (albeit on a permanent CD-R - lucky those are cheap nowadays). It has just become very difficult for me to justify buying a new machine just so I could "save a couple of CD-Rs." *sigh*

On the bright side - there's never any shortage of gadgets and goodies on my wish list. I think I'll go shopping tonight after work anyway. Speaking of work... maybe I should just get on it now.

1 comment:

Becks said...

If you have an input on your deck, you can get a mini-disc for about 50 bucks and plug it in. discs are rewriteable and hold plenty of tunes. :) I have one, and it's awesome, no skipping issues, huge battery life, and it's portable! plus, just plug it into the stereo, and viola!

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/bnh/controller/home?A=search&ci=8578&Q=&O=NavBar