Friday, March 11, 2005

Maybe I should get back on the weights after all

Finally, a non-work-related blog entry that I can post.

I was chatting with U.D.G. over lunch today and she was saying that she previously always dated jocks in her younger days. So she was accostumed to macho male attitudes whereby men just have to show off their "feats of strength." Even her son's father (who's long since been deleted from her life) was one of those types. But as of late, she's been noticing that the guy she's with now never even jokes with her when she demands, "carry me!"

"I'm starting to realize that he's just not a very strong guy and it's kind of a turn-off. Does that make me a shallow person," she asked? "I bet I could win if I arm-wrestled him."

Then Patrick Starfish turned around and made a funny comment that I didn't catch. In fact, the rest of the conversation was pretty much lost on me because I was busy sizing her up and wondering to myself, "one-twenty...? um. maybe 130 pounds? hmm... I wonder if I could carry her myself?"

No no no - let's not take this the wrong way.

In fact, U.D.G. was just saying earlier in the day that the guy called her for something and my name came up in the conversation (again) prompting him to start ranting, "Ben this, Ben that! You're always talking about this Ben person - who is he? what's going on between you and him?!"

There are times when I wish I could just meet the man and put his fears to rest. *sigh*

No comments: