Tuesday, March 22, 2005

catching up on all but sleep

Whole bunch of stuff to report on for those keeping track.
I'm back from a long-weekend. Entertained my cousin and her boyfriend (they're still in town but I knew I couldn't stretch the long weekend much further since we have Easter coming up anyway). The weekend was nice and we took a walk over to the famed "Byward Market" yesterday afternoon. Stopped by a little known place called "Oh ...So Good" - their desserts are to die for. The place was empty - I guess I'm just not used to seeing the Market on a Monday. Kept forgetting that I was the one who had the day off and no-one else.

Picked up a Jane's book - history of air forces around the world. Huge hardcover - impulse buy. Not enough photos but I'm happy with it anyway.

Another impulse was the PS2 "Eye Toy" with a game called Antigrav... I strongly encourage anyone with a Sony PS2 to pick up one of these babies. I had a blast with the game. The premise is incredibly simple: you control a Back-to-the-Future sort of hoverboarder on the screen by tilting your head and waving your hands... the camera tracks your movement and the guy moves accordingly. Sort of a very primitive VR. It's surprisingly responsive and really cool.

My volunteer week for fetching milk from the nearby grocery store came up again. Seems there's been some theft because I had restocked the fridge on Friday afternoon before I left for the weekend. I'm told that on Monday morning, we were down two bags of milk. Hmm... ~_~
U.D.G. walked with me during our lunch break while I went for more milk - got a 4litre 3-pack. She was at the mall for some new shoes for the little one. It was far from her mind though - she was busy telling me how her current boyfriend freaked out this morning because a guy phoned her. Turns out to be an ex-boyfriend from junior-high that she stayed in touch with all this time. She mentioned how pissed off she was that her boyfriend totally lost it this morning - said that it was worse because when they first started seeing each other he'd already warned her "I've got lots of friends who are female so you need to be cool with it if I spend time with them." What a bunch of crap... how the hell is that fair?

Hmm... should probably call my cousin's cell and see what they're up to now: maybe I can meet them for dinner instead of dealing with the traffic to get home...

1 comment:

Becks said...

*smile* UDG may soon be up for grabs again eh?

One things most girls won't tolerate is the double standard.

keep up on getting good sleep. I found out how existing on 4 hours a day will make you psycho!