Friday, March 18, 2005

heh - go figure... at least they let me know this time

So when they last emailed me, my cousin and her boyfriend wanted to know when I got off work. I assume that means they'll be here in the late afternoon, 'natch. No. I get home to an email saying "car trouble - will be late, sorry."

Which is all fine and dandy - what another few hours, right? So long as the car is in good shape before they leave (better that than to be stranded halfway ...and you don't wanna be stuck stranded in Kingston! ^_^).

But I figure - okay, I'll take'em out for a late supper and in the meantime I'll make a light snack for myself. That's when my PC goes "bloop-boop" - ah, a Messenger contact. Must be my brother cause he's the only person who'd be home at this hour.

It's my cousin saying, "we're just about to leave - see you soon!!" That was about 6:30pm... hell of a time to start a road trip. At which point I decided, oh screw the snack.

I suppose it worked out better anyway since I went out for some Greek (fresh gyro - yum!). Probably the most filling meal I've had all week. @_@;

Guess I'll go veg in front of the boob tube now while I wait. They'll probably show up just in time for Leno.

2 comments:

running42k said...

Love gyros.

Becks said...

me too. got mine at the science store, but I can't get it to balance on the string yet. I'm working on it.

wait...what are we talking about?