Friday, March 25, 2005

long weekend on a roll ...is it just me?

Went out for breakfast with my folks. Then helped out at the restaurant a bit. Nothing particularly spectacular but well... it pays the bills, right? Then my brother and I visited a local hardware store.

We were looking for a sheet of wood to overlay on the kitchen table - about 6 feet by 4 feet. Trying to extend the table to suit a typical game of miniatrue warfare. I believe our table is actually 5 by 3 - just barely fitting a small-scale skirmish. We figure an extra 12 inches both ways would make a significant difference when it comes to scaling the artillery fire.

Oddly enough, we had a really hard time finding cheap partical board suitable for overlaying an existing table. Firstly, 4 by 6 certainly won't fit in a Toyota Corolla. Secondly, we couldn't find something simple like a pair of 4 x 3 (I guess that's just a non-standard cut). We wound up across the street at a lumber yard and picked some kind of thin MDF-like panels that were 2 x 4 and only about 1/4-inch thick. Three of them in hand and $20 later, we loaded them into the trunk and headed home.

Oh ...and I'm slightly irritated by my own butter fingers. After many years with the same pair of prescription shades, I finally dropped them once. It's like the first time you get a scratch on a new car - the scratch is just glaringly obvious to you and nobody else.

Now it's getting pretty late. I'm thinking I should eat a little something and call it supper. ¬_¬

Should probably also give my old pals G&N a call since I'm in town for a few days. See what they're up to and if they'll like to spend an evening together - it's been a few years.

No comments: