Friday, April 08, 2005

Reactions around the breakfast table

So shortly after posting over in the FusionAce "life" blog, other co-workers started to trickle in for the day. Before long the whole team was assembled... We decided that we could head down to the cafeteria for breakfast meeting.

I thanked them for their years of loyal team-work ...and goodbye (it seems they'd been aware of a certain rumour that I'd be transferring out already). The 4th member I rarely mention is a funny little lady who immediately went into a rant about how much they'd miss me. We reminisced about how I trained her when she first arrived 4 years ago... Starfish called me a bastard for leaving him after so many years. And although I knew he was just joking, U.D.G. piped in "would you rather we all said, Good Riddance!?"

As for non-work related life?
Ran a red-light on my way home. Oops. ^_^;;;
I'm actually very embarrassed about that considering my spotless record (except for a couple of parking tickets while visiting Montreal a few years back). I can only hope it was one of those corners without the automatic cameras...

Nothing in the mailbox... I'm starting to wonder about those DVDs I won off eBay. We're coming up on week 4 so they'd better arrive soon. I've been spoiled with guys like Ken over at Toy-Wave who's packages arrive at breakneck speeds. (Might have something to do with the fact that he doesn't use an actual box - so the customs agents must take his word for it when reading the invoice taped to the top of the bubblewrap!) ^o^;

On the other hand, it gives me a chance to re-watch my older volumes of Rorouni Kenshin.

In the meantime I just got a phone call from Starfish... He rented Elektra and asked if I'd like to watch it on his gi-normous home theatre setup. Should probably head out soon as it's getting pretty late. Besides - I need to set aside some time to play with his dogs when I get there. Wheee! ^_^

No comments: