Sunday, April 24, 2005

Oh... *sigh* well, at least I heard from them

So I guess that rather dry email I sent this morning finally got the message through that I was not at all pleased about the situation. The seller finally got back to me and claims my shipment will go out tomorrow. Okay whatever. I won't even reply to that one...

Day went by fairly easily. Got a bagel and coffee downtown and spent a bit of time with my portable keyboard. It's just theraputic to put down something you know no-one will read. It's a little different than blogging... at least it feels a different.

The mall was jam-packed but I wanted to see if anybody was selling that new UMD format. Toys R Us had several films available. But I was actually keeping an eye out for Kill Bill. Already saw the movie, but I don't have it on DVD. Figured it might be cool to have it as a portable version. Naturally, this is not the sort of film you expect to find on the shelves at a toy store... @_@
...oddly enough, Best Buy didn't seem to have any at all instead carrying only UMD games (and even then, not a great selection).

Which further reminds me, I "finished" Ridge Racer last night. Sure, there's plenty more to do with the game - but I feel like it's gone into Pac-Man syndrome. Y'know - the game's the same only faster, harder, and more repetative. I managed to reach an ending-credit roll movie but the following maps and cars that were unlocked were insanely impossible to drive.

Anywho...
- ah yes, I redeemed all that Canadian Tire money I had lying around the house. All told, I gathered a dollar-sixty. So I picked up a bottle of windshield washer fluid. From now on, I'm thinking it'll be virtual-CT-money since it's so much easier to use my credit-card. I don't put much stock in loyalty-programs like this, but I figure, hey, everybody needs top-ups in their cars. You can't go wrong.

I also browsed the comic shops downtown today... One of the few times I left those places without actually buying anything. Must be the weather. ^_^;;

3 comments:

Becks said...

Canadian Tire?
Virtual wha?

who?

Glad your seller got back to you. I finally got my magazine Friday. I was pleased. Not only did he sent the 1977 MAS Special, but he had two 'duplicates' from 1977 he tossed in, just to be nice.

I hope you get as lucky with yours. :)

Becks said...

oops. that's MADD... Maaaadddd magazine. sheeesh.

Ben-Ohki said...

Ah - love those "Super Specials" it's a social timeless commentary... I think that's why they sell so well.

CT-Money is a loyalty program at large hardware-store chain up here. You get a few cents for every dollar you spend and you can redeem them for cash-value on later purchases... Argueably the most successful loyalty-program in the country...