Wednesday, April 20, 2005

all geeked-out... Babou's new case

So I was with the Babou's last night helping out with a new case installation. His tax refund arrived in the mail this week. And if you're up on the Legion's verious blogs, you may have gathered that the Babous got screwed over yet again and had to cancel their anniversary trip this year (there were personal reasons beyond their control, sadly). So using their refund he and his wife decided to go nuts with the computer upgrades....

....naturally I tagged along for the shopping trip last night. ^_^;
(but I avoided at actually buying anything - I'm proud of my self-discipline)

Anyway, around 8pm we got back to the house and Babou did the whole daddy thing and bathed the little Babous and tucked them in while I amused myself with that newly-revived editorial show on CBC Newsworld called "The Hour."

Then we got down to the inventory... A new case by Antec with a glowing blue PS for the PC. And an additional stick of RAM for the Mac... we got on the PC first since I'm fairly well-versed in tooling around inside a PC more than that any Apple product (which as far as I can tell, is completely alien technology).

By the time 10:30pm rolled around, we had the motherboard and drives installed and were in the process of hooking up the power/reset wiring... But I was getting really sleepy by then and decided it was best for me to kick myself out before I became a road hazzard. Besides: mommybabou had already gone to bed half an hour earlier.

Still - I'm so happy for them. Y'know - couples that compute together... ^_^

1 comment:

Becks said...

damn it. I so commented on this earlier and it didn't show up. what the?

*hmph*

I was just noting what a very nice guy you are. :)