Thursday, September 29, 2005

Telus Nokia 3205i: CRACKED! :)

So while waiting for the tech centre to respond, I spent the time chatting with the guys working the Telus boutique. And they noticed the custom images I had printed off to be the front and back of my phone. I proudly showed off the Batman on the back, and then proceeded to loudly complain about how Telus gave Superman the shaft not allowing me the option of emailing his upper body to myself as a wallpaper (thereby creating one continuous Super-image across the front of the handset).
They frowned and said, “that’s odd… you mean there’s no other options in the software?”
“Well, there’s the infrared ‘send’ button,” I explained, “but I don’t have an IR port on my PC at home! That’s hardly fair.”

And here’s where the tables turn…
“If you could get your hands on a laptop,” the clerks suggested uselessly, “most of them have IR ports now…”

I set aside some time for myself today to ponder the concept: I needed an IR port. Didn’t have to be laptop, just something that could transmit a file of choice through infrared… And I do have a Palm device with just enough room on a spare memory stick for a tiny little JPG picture. And tho my warez-hunting skillz are rusty, I managed to find a cracked app that would allow me to beam any file of choice from my Palm.

…guess what… all the king men and horses… Superman is whole now. ^_^;;

No comments: