Monday, September 26, 2005

n00b texter

Aside first: I just came back from the Fedex depot and dropped off my defective lightsaber for shipping back to Master Replicas. (thanks go out to mrbabou for helping find the damn place!)... so that's case closed *whew*

Anyway, so I finally got that Nokia 3205i I wanted (mostly just for the hell of it). Turns out I picked just the right time to buy since it was on special for only $100. Sweetness. Spent the weekend tweaking the settings to my taste - you know the drill, keying all my old contacts from my old phone. :P

I do a have a question for my readers out there...
My MSN Messenger is set to forward messages to my phone if I'm off-line. My brother sent me a test message on Sunday. I got it, but there's no indication who its from except for his email address. I also don't seem to have a "reply" option to write back.
I reciprocated the test by logging into MSN at home and sent a message to his phone and he tells me the message came through with some kind of numeric identifier which he assumed was my MSN network address or something... why don't I get such a number when he sends me a message?

I'm with Telus if that helps - does anybody out there know if Telus Mobility Pay'n'Talk clients need to subscribe to an additional service or something to send a text message to an MSN user??

No comments: