Saturday, October 01, 2005

MP3 player finally "in like Jim"

Well, like I had been looking forward to all month, I finally had the time to be parked in my parents car port within easy reach of a handy tool bench. Oh the things I took for granted living at home. And life in an apartment sucks more than ever before. ^_^;

Anyway, I finally got around to yanking out my deck and harness like so much spaghetti (or rather linguinni as the case may be) and redid all the wiring removing up to 3 or 4 inches of extra wire in some places. Saved me just enough place and even then took some plain old muscle to get my deck to sit right the dash board.

To my dismay when all that was done, I realized that the aftermarket bracket that covered it all up didn't fit the new player (it would snag the motorized flip-face). And once again I say, "Dremel makes the coolest tools in the world." No I'm not getting paid to say that - just that it's been the single most useful powertool I've bought in the last 2 or 3 years.

Well now it's done. My fingers are sore from all that poking and prodding. And my camera phone is somewhere I'm too tired to look for at the moment. But I promise, pictures later.

For the moment I'm just looking forward to a relaxing game of Warhammer 40'000 with my brother tonight (it's a family-affair!). ^.^

1 comment:

Becks said...

ha! I had to use the dremel on my faceplate, too.

Yeah, they really have a good product. The cut off wheels rock.

Nice job on the install!!

My truck still has the 1987 radio in it. teehee.