Thursday, September 22, 2005

Valve caps stolen!! F*ck the world!

Somewhere out there in Gloucester Ontario is a very sad individual who thinks it's funny to piss somebody else off for the hell of it.

I haven't been anywhere after work for like several days because of running back here to check my mailbox and home email for news regarding several items (see previous post). So it had to have happened yesterday and I have a gut feeling I know who did it too...

I walked out of Best Buy to my car yesterday afternoon and this lady was smiling at me... at the time I was thinking she was amused by the Superman-themed decor of my car (decals, floor-mats, etc. are all visible from the outside). I thought nothing of it and figured oh whatever, I'm glad my humourous sensibilities brightened up somebody's day. Now that I think back, I wonder if it was not a smile, but an evil smirk!

Anyway, it was only today after coming home that I noticed something unusual about the look of my wheels... whoa, wait just a damn minute - where those glossy red air-valve covers I have?! Damn it!!

Well, looking objectively at the fact of the matter I realize one thing in particular: they were eye-catching and I knew they'd be easily stolen when I put them on. So the fact that they're gone doesn't piss me off so much as the fact that the thief stole 3 of the 4! I mean, what the f*ck is she gonna do with only 3 valve caps? And what am I gonna do with only 1? And you know what really make this pathetic? Ya, not only do they look cool like anodized aluminum, but they can be had for a lousy $8 over in Chinatown. That's right - some idiot out there commited both a sin and a crime over a matter of eight bucks (Canadian money, so that's even worse!).

*sigh* I just hope she's proud of herself (which sadly, knowing the state of the general public at large, she probably is).

1 comment:

running42k said...

That sucks, but on the bright side the car is paid off so revel in that,.