Saturday, September 03, 2005

Updates: and now we wait...

A couple of items...

I wrote an email to Master Replicas and they're responded saying they were more than willing to honour their warranty given my complaint. They asked me to give them a phone number and an address so that they could send me a replacement... Here's the one little thing bugging me: I feel a little low having gone over Rob's head with this. I'm thinking now that I should give Rob a call and let him know to forget about his rep (who doesn't seem to be doing a particularly good job since it's been like an entire month since this all started).

But it's a long weekend and I'm not back in town until at least Tuesday... *sigh*
...have another question tho. To date I haven't provided MR with any proof of purchase or anything... how do they know I'm not just some guy who wrote them an email expecting to get a freebie out of them?
Well if they send me a replacement, I'm going to assume it means they'll expect me to send this one back.

On some other weird development: finally got that MP3 player I wanted for my car. It's not installed tho. I made a fuss with the sales guy at Futureshop saying that it was a matter of swapping one aftermarket radio for another but they wouldn't budge on the installation fees. I even argued that I should've bought it during their customer appreciation night to get free-installation - I would've saved a lot more than waiting for this measely $20 rebate.

So I told him to buzz off and just bought the deck to install myself. I'm sure my friends and I can figure it out. Starfish is completely equipped for that sort of thing: plus I know another guy who's done this sort of thing before... It's not what you know, it's who you know.

The catch? Well, it's the long weekend, and I won't see Starfish or anybody for that matter until Tuesday... and I think that other guy I know isn't free until Friday (he's one of those busy-body types...). Oh well.

No comments: