Sunday, September 18, 2005

Updates! Sunday was a good day

If I had an attic, it would probably be filled with DVDs I don't watch but for some reason or other tickled my fancy on the store shelf at the time... But as I actually live in an apartment, my old DVDs tend to get shoved into boxes in a closet.

This weekend I dug up a little burried treasure: a complete set of Roughnecks: Starship Troopers Chronicles. Yeah it's a cartoon but I really did like it when it was on the air (at a dreadful 6am weekday timeslot). It catered to an older audience and I thought it was a shame when it was canned a mere 4 episodes short of completion (I've read that the final episodes of the series were actually written and the voices recorded - but they never had a chance to complete the animation for it all). Anyway, I settled in for a marathon viewing session with the producer commentary tracks over the last couple of days.

Toasted a bagel for breakfast before heading out today. It was warm - a little on the humid side but not too bad. Actually I didn't break a sweat until about 2pm when, of all places to be, I was indoors... Must've been hotter than I thought.

Sushi was actually decently fresh at the mall food court today (and also reasonably overpriced)...

Grabbed a few comics at the usual stops. Strangely, I had thought there were at least a few more titles to have come out in the last few weeks when I haven't been. I suppose my "big score" was actually a new issue of Noble Causes. The shops usually under-order seeing as it's a fairly unknown indy book.

Oh and [insert drumroll here]... I was finally able to raise Master Replicas. They sent me an email tonight telling me to expect another email with tracking information for a replacement lightsaber! *yay*
This message also included a link to a prepaid airbill to return my broken one. Hmm... it appears to be a Fedex label I'm suppose to print out. Does anybody know how this works?

I've never shipped with them before. Babou once mentioned he had to go all the way to the airport where they have a service desk. But I swear I've seen Fedex logos for "authorized service agents" around town. The web-site is equally cryptic - it mentions that certain agents cannot take packages for "Fedex Ground." What's that supposed to mean? I didn't prepare this "airbill" - why should I care what method of service was prepaid-for? Any thoughts? Helpful opinions? Anybody? Anybody?

3 comments:

running42k said...

Sounds like a decent weekend.

For the Fedex thing, we ship with them all the time. You get the way bill off the internet, that is probably what they sent you on the link. Just print it out and take it down to a Fedex depot (look in the phone book, Ottawa has to have a few)

Ben-Ohki said...

OK got it!
Maybe babou can help me find the depot (I'm told it's quite a maze down at the airport - on the bright side, I work on the edge of town not far from it)...

Becks said...

I watched armageddon and bawled my eyes out. it was great!