Thursday, September 15, 2005

wee! the mp3 aftermath

Well it's been a couple of days with the new deck "installed" (that's a tentative term until I figure out how to get the module flush with the rest of the dash).

Off the checklist:
-clock is set right (what a hassle - I already have a clock in my car).
-turned off the that ridiculous default screensaver that says, "Welcome to Clarion" - hey, it's LCD, it doesn't even need a Screensaver.
-turn on the fake anti-theft blinking light (not even sure if there really is an alarm).
-Put a title on my favourite hard-rock station and preset it to a button on the face (neat-o!)

Other reactions: hmm... that rip function turned out to be more like a "record" function like when you used to record a CD to a cassette for your walkman back in the day. You actually have to sit through the entire track you want to rip. I'm a little disappointed.

I miss Sony's "DSP" feature that would make the sound seem to come from higher up (without it, the sound seems to come too low - the speakers in the car are actually near my feet). But the new bass processing is pretty good anyway - this is all a matter of personal taste.

Damn it - can't wait to have this friggin thing pushed all the way in. I'm paranoid that the thing looks like an invitation for theft. *sigh*

No comments: