Saturday, March 31, 2007

April Paintball quicknotes

Well, the April edition came and went (ok, so it's actually March for another 24 hours or so). No photos in this entry because it's early Saturday and I'm busy packing up for a week of down-time.

Let's see, I need to play more aggressively. I think about half-way through the evening, I figured out that if I was going to get hit eventually anyway, I should just down mach-2 with my hair on fire (you win 2 points if you can tell me where that expression comes from). So at that point, seeing as I had already split the cost of an extra bag of ammo with a friend and he was using more of the extra than I was... I started shooting more often and charging the field earlier. And quite honestly, besides the fact that I was vaguely aware of spending more balls, I was having a lot more fun.

Sadly however, despite attempting to lead a sweeping advance on the opposite team, I did not "christen" my new gear. Weirdguy's brother-in-law showed up with our box of goodies that had arrived just that morning. So decked out in my olive-drab VForce Pofiler and matching Empire Invert (07) gloves, I was hoping to get a photo-worth splatter on me... which never happened. I also wore my JT neck-protector which is kind of an odd thing for me.

In my previous game I was struck in the throat and I figured either I look like a wimp and wear this little maxi-pad thing on my neck, or I risk getting hit there again. And of course, the odds are against being hit there again... but who'd take that chance, right? Naturally I wasn't hit in my face, hands, or neck last night. So no glory-photos of me were taken. *sigh*.

Anywho, I'm definitely looking forward to the next outing.... I'm in pain all over right now, but it's a good pain.

No comments: