Friday, March 09, 2007

In the Tubes

For those interested in a relic of Robotech, Michael Bradley (the man behind a lot of the music from the second half of the original series) has finally announced his remix album. And in typical big-faceless-corporate fashion, Harmony Gold has placed a restraint on him using the name "Robotech" either on the cover or to promote the album (even though Tommy Yune, the head of the creative department at HG has been endorsing the project from the start). Bradley goes into exhaustive detail on his Myspace blog but at the same time is restrained in giving reasons why (probably for legal reasons). All we know is that after delaying the album, titled "Lonely Soldier Boy" for the most popular of the Robotech songs, is finally availble (currently exclusive on his web-site at www.michaelbradleymusic.com - and what a wait it's been. I placed my order this morning.

Also in the Tubes is my latest order at Amazon. It's odd that everything I order from there has a wait time associated with it. If it's not a DVD that's out of print, then it's a book that is just out of stock and takes a month to get in. But shipping is free and I'm getting my loyalty program points on my credit card so it beats running around town looking for stuff.

Since when did USPS tracking numbers work in Canada? My order from Matrix Collectibles (aka "Image Anime") shipped on Monday and I got an email telling me my order was shipped. It had a tracking number that I ignored because in my experience, a package from New York enters Canada in only a day or two and then USPS can no longer track the box (of course). Anyway, on a whim I checked the Canada Post tracking site and it seems they had a complete record for when the package shipped on Monday up to its arrival in town here. Maybe it'll get to my door today. Hooray.

Something about to go into the tubes is my order with Weirdguy who offered to take care of a bulk order of paintball equipment. Admittedly I am a paintball neophyte, but I most definitely am already sick of wearing a rented mask which has previously soaked countless others' sweat. Speaking of which, I should go pay him for the stuff now.

1 comment:

The Masters said...

Go Bradley and Robotech! I ordered myself a copy too. It should be pretty interesting, huh? I hope it lives up to it's name.