Thursday, March 29, 2007

Some more useless stuff

You know I don't know whether to be pleased this week or just frustrated. Weirdguy finally got word that our paintball equipment had finally shipped but everyone's sort of in a foul mood because they took so long to send out our stuff that we're not even sure if we'll have our gear for tomorrow evening's activities.

But I did finally get my camera (which I keep telling everyone, is an upgrade no matter how cheap it was). And I'm only sad to report that to date (2 days later) I still haven't figured out if the driver is not set up right or what because I can't seem to browse the internal memory as a drive (is this even possible? or do I have to have a separate memory card in there?) All I know is that the Kodak software is just a tad on the "for dummies" side and I hate that sort of thing. I prefer to feel like I'm in control. When I software suite doesn't even let me drag and drop my own files, I don't feel like I'm in control.

Went to Best Buy this afternoon looking to purchase an SD card. On mrbabou's advice however, I ended up deciding not to splurge on the cheapest card I could find. I've decided to save up and get a hi-speed one to take advantage of the fact that my camera can take video as well.

Wandered next door to Futureshop and then splurged... because flash memory there was even more expensive. I did find that games and DVDs were cheaper. Never understood that about these two stores in direct competition with each other - and they're both run by the same parent company. I picked up Afterburner for the PSP and the final DVD set of Justice League Unlimited. I'll tell you about the game some time but for now I'm sort of on the fence about whether or not it was a good buy or not.

Anyway, I have the rest of the evening to veg out so I'll go watch a couple of episodes of Ghost in the Shell. It's a strange feeling to realize that maybe I'm not as smart as I thought I was. Think of Stand Alone Complex as a police-drama with political-thriller added in plus a little bit of sci-fi cyber-punk action thrown in. But I can't get over how many layers the plot piles on over the span of how many episodes. This'll be my third time going through the set of DVDs I own and I'm still discovering new story points and clues that I didn't see the first two times. I'm loving it.

No comments: