Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Tuesday afternoon list

Out from the tubes: my Amazon from late February had some funny stuff happen to it. For whatever reason, Amazon decided that it'd be "faster" to send me whatever they had in stock first. Not that it made any difference: it still took a month and both packages arrived while I was out of town anyway.

I also learned that the mail carrier has access to the super-box even if they've already put something in it and left me the key (makes sense; why I didn't think it before?). So on 2 separate days, the carrier figured out that I had 2 packages and they both fit into the same box. Alright then.

I've changed my mind AGAIN and I think I'll hold off buying my own paintball marker. I've collected a few more opinions and although I haven't actually narrowed down my choices (it's always been a Tippman (an A5 or a 98) or a Smart Parts ION)... I'm now resigned to the fact that either way I'll wind up spending money on upgrades. So it's all about budgeting for something I'll feel comfortable with.

I'm being non-committal about tonight's movie meetup. The group is seeing "The Hoax" and it's downtown (quite out of my way). But I'm feeling kinda tired on my first day back. I need my afternoon naps.

On a completely unrelated note: Civil War is finally out as a collected edition this week so after months of waiting I'll finally be able to sit down and read this monumental storyline all in one go (as far as I don't need to stop to eat, sleep, work, etc).

Oh, I think my T615C finally died. I can't be sure until I plug it into the cradle to see if the battery will charge. But I just don't know. I'll be sorry to see it go especially as I'd hate to go about searching for a replacement PDA (I've learned it's one gadget I can do without, actually).

I got rid of the Kodak Easyshare software. I've since discovered that if I just plug in the camera to a plain vanilla WinXP machine, the OS will detect the camera and allow me to access the camera's internal memory. It's been the Kodak software that was preventing this. This is one of many things I learned while rebuilding my parents' computer with a fresh install. See? Wasn't such a waste of my time after all.

No comments: