Tuesday, October 11, 2005

List: Things hanging over me

1) my impending oil change. Some time in the next couple of weeks. In theory I'm due for a tune-up too but last year I delayed my manufacturer-recommended tune-up by about 8000km so as far as I know, I can delay this year's too until spring time. Maybe I'll take this opportunity to get my oil done at the nearby Oil-Changers instead of paying through the nose at the dealer's...

2) Still waiting for that Nokia USB cable I won on ebay the week before last. This is getting irritating.

3) Now waiting for a minor accessory for my 1/48 scale VF-1 model plane. It's a launch catapult... that doubles as a display stand. Neat! Hmm... let's home Ken's up to his usual speed. If I'm lucky it'll arrive by next week.

4) Still thinking about my root canal and dental plan. One of my co-worker buddies just told me to expect the bill to be about $900CAD... I'm pretty sure my dental plan will cover that plus the consultations and other cleaning stuff I need taken care of. But if I need a second root canal treatment for the other serious cavity the dentist identified the previous week, I'll need to work with the scheduling so that I can claim the cost off my 2006 coverage...

5) The next Running Room clinic for "Learn to Run" is starting up next week. Need a new pair of running shoes. I know - I mentioned shoes only a few months ago but as luck would have it, at the time I decided to "grow" and wear casual shoes day to day instead of runners like I have all my life. Problem now is that I never did get fitted for a decent pair of exercise footwear. That'll cost a pretty penny, I think. The clinic itself is only about $70CAD. Not too bad.

6) October is quickly approaching mid-month. And I still haven't even bought material for my Mace Windu jacket/vest. Hopefully during the week I'll be able to find something suitable. (You'd be surprised how difficult it can be to find plain unpatterned cloth in a monochrome colour like beige). I've already sent reference photos to my mom so maybe she can draw up some preliminary patterns for me to work with over the weekend... Maybe. And wear will I find regular brown boots? No buckles. Just plain ones... like motorcycle boots. Hmm...

No comments: