Wednesday, October 12, 2005

PC: 11-month expiration-date

Seems like my reprieve is over. Fusionace went home last night ready to do a bit more blogging about the Legion's family reunion in Toronto and ZeroPrime wouldn't boot up. *sigh* Luckily (depending on one's view of things) I had on hand a bootable Windows CD left for me from last year when I spent an entire week holed up in babou's basement fixing the damn thing (bless mommybabou for putting up with my constant overbearingness).

As it turned out, the WinXP CD detected my previous install and started a CHKDSK routine but froze up about half-way through. Said the drive was corrupt and couldn't repair the installation. Looks like babou and I will go shopping again this week. And I was just shy of a year since that last time I rebuilt the master boot record on the drive. ^_^;

On a side note, I thought I should point out the user comment in my last post. It's spam (there's like 3 ads for stuff in the comment itself) but it certainly look pretty good for spam. Grammer and vocabulary is spotless compared to most. Story is kind of a tear-jerker... I give it 4 stars out of a possible 5. Maybe I'll even actually read the "family web site" some time.

Oh and, while off line last night, went around the apartment taking pics of the goodies I had amassed during my Toronto trip. Then realized I wouldn't have a PC to upload the photos to. Oops. Colour me stupid. ~_~;;;
Just wait for it, I'm sure I'll be up and running in the next couple of days...

1 comment:

Becks said...

what color is stupid? *thinks* or is it colors, like a combination, like puce and fushia (sp?)

reunion. cool!.