Thursday, October 20, 2005

I guessed right: new goodie at home


This is the new "Launch Arm" display-stand I found in my super's office today.
The plane is an older die-cast piece my aunt sent me 4 years or so ago. I'm deciding where to put this. As you can tell from previous posts, my display cabinet is getting fairly crowded...
Secondly, although the VF-19A (a fictional transforming jet, if you haven't figured that out yet) looks best as a jet (this toy rendition looks ass as a robot), I'm not too big on the way it appears on the launch arm. This one is in 1/72 scale and actually looks a little ridiculous.

The launch arm is inspired by a key scene at the beginning of Macross "Love; Do you Remember?" - a squadron of fighters are seen taking off from the carrier. But since this is sci-fi, they don't launch from a runway, but are released into space by way of a giant mechinal arm.

A few more pics below of me trying out a different scale fighter... This one's a classic VF-1 in Low-Visibility colours (it's actually a limited edition also sent to me by my aunt). It carries set of additional armaments I added on later.

Above: I'm not too thrilled with the way it looks in its intermediate hover mode... kinda looks like it's being caught by its crotch (ouch!). Below: much better. Those holding clamps look somewhat convincing (in truth, there's actually toy-magic going on; the very same "crotch" adapter is being used to hold it up).

No comments: