Tuesday, October 25, 2005

Minor Crisis of Faith?

Sometimes no news is good news.

At other times I ask myself if anybody out there (besides 2 or 3 visitors) cares what my Ben-Ohki persona is up to. There was a time when I deeply believed in the warning: "You fear having nothing to say ...and no way to say it." Well, the second half is a non-issue now with blogs at our disposal. The first half is a constant.

Anyway, I guess the point is I have nothing to report (and even less people to give a sh*t). FusionAce certainly doesn't seem to care one way or the other.

It's a slow week I suppose. The biggest news being that I successfully converted my first AVI2DVD job last night (took about 12 hour and that's including the "freeze" when it was waiting for me to click OK at the end - I supposed it should've finished some time in the middle of the night). The movie, in case anybody's wondering, is a Kamen Rider feature-length film I downloaded last year. I liked it enough to want a version I could enjoy in the comfort of my living room and not on a tiny 17 inch screen.

There was actually a second film I wanted to do in the batch, but turned out that I couldn't find the DVD-R archived I kept it on... so I figured I may as well head over to the usual bit-torrent sites to find it again.

Haven't heard from the local shop since I ordered my new case. I'm told by friends that this store in particular demands a $10 deposit on requests. Which is weird to me because I've placed orders before without having to do that. Huh... I had joked at the time that maybe it's because babou is white and I'm Chinese.... but I sincerely hope the store owner is not playing the race card - that's just low-class on his part.
I called yesterday but they just said the case wasn't in. I didn't however mention that I never received any order number or any contact from them since I clicked "submit" on their web-form. Maybe I should've clued them into the fact that it's as if my order had just slipped through the cracks for a week. ~_~;
I'll call them again today...

No comments: