Saturday, July 02, 2005

Logitech headset - this whole time?!

You might recall a little while ago, I blogged about a game called Lifeline for PS2. Well, the game works by you talking into a mic and issuing commands to the main character who responds and walks around doing things.

Well, that was months ago when I borrowed the game and the Playstation 2 headset from my brother. I just realized last night that the headset is actually just a standard Logitech headset for USB.

Anyway, it took a few tries but in short order I got my MSN Messenger configured to recognize the headset. And for the first time, I finally got around to actually speaking to and hearing the voice of my penpal buddy from Singapore! I can't believe that after so many years being in contact with each other she and I finally spoke to each other... neat!

The only down side was that I think around midnight my ISP was acting up (either that or this headset isn't too reliable). She said she heard me just fine but I had trouble making out her complete sentences as there were plenty of drop-outs. Which was too bad since she was excited to spend a bit of time with a fellow-multi-linguist. She wanted to hear more of me speaking to her in French (it's a long story - she's been taking lessons since high school). "Come to Singapore! The women here will think you're awefully sexy when they hear your French," she enthused!

*blush*

Anyway... so it was Canada Day yesterday. And I ended up spending the whole day inside. It was so damn hot and humid. I just couldn't bring myself to step outside. So I slept through most of the day and then only got out for a walk around 10pm. Headed over to the riverside to see the fireworks launched from Parliament Hill.

It cooled down dramatically. And last night I actually had to close my bedroom window and turn off the fan in the middle of the night. This morning I stepped out onto the balcony and nearly froze... I think today'll be great for that walk I wanted to take. Bring my huge backpack and shop like a shopoholic should... :)

1 comment:

Becks said...

NEAT!!! I love when technology bridges those gaps! *happy hugs*

..and she's right. geeky boys who know other languages get extra lovin points. ;)