Friday, July 08, 2005

low-key morning

Hmm... I should be eating more - I feel great after a big breakfast. I think my metabolism has sped up lately. I eat less at meals because I get full but I'm hungry pretty much all the time.

Maybe it's those crunches I've been doing every morning and evening. I gave up the dumbells for now. It reached a point where I wasn't seeing any results from my upper-body workout routine... But crunches can't be bad. Maybe I'll eventually develope a six pack (if I'm lucky in time for next summer?) ^o^;

MSN Messenger has been a curse and a blessing.
Got to chat with my penpal more frequently (even tho we have to keep in mind that we're on opposite sides of the world - when it's late night for me, she's in her office, etc).
But lately I've been hearing a whole lot more from my brother than I really care for... It's not him personally. I just feel obligated to carry a conversation on that I had no interest in starting. Luckily, so far he's the only one who's been doing that to me. Last night for instance. I got home around 7pm and only a few minutes after logging on, he messages me. There was a little light banter but then it sort of dragged on and my MSN window didn't close until around 10pm. At which point I pretty much ignored him for the rest of the night.

Went down to the cafeteria for breakfast. I sat with some former co-workers (we're all in the same complex, but we don't actually work together anymore). We did some random catching up and talking behind other peoples' backs. I feel kinda dirty about it. Gossip doesn't agree with me.

Looks like eBloggy is down again (and/or just acting really weird). Forums are not even up so I don't know what's going on... I think I lost some entries again.

Got up with that memory stick over the last two days. Loaded it with videos I downloaded of Ultraman. Whoa - I can't believe that franchise is still running strong in its native Japan. The current series airing on TV is all modernized with CG monsters and FX now. What the heck? But the good-old rubber-suited versions are still used for the hand-to-hand fight scenes tho. ^_^

Speaking of Japanese stuff... I picked up the first volume of the manga for Sakura Taisen yesterday at a book store. It's cute - whoever this artist is, they've brilliantly captured the look of Kosuke Fujishima's character-designs.

Need to do groceries tonight... but first, gotta get back to work. Deadlines looming for the end-of-week stuff...

No comments: