Sunday, July 31, 2005

free speaker stands: score!

If you didn't know, Legion has come home to small-town Sherbrooke. Amazing what you can find "just lying around." And the old adage "one man's garbage" has never been truer. I was sitting on the back-porch this morning and happened to look down into the junkpile behind the cabin when my "eagle-eyes" happened to pick out a pair of black bars in a matt-finish.

That doesn't look right for a rusty pile of crap, I thought.

Turns out that a few days before, my grandfather was taking a walk around the neighbourhood and stumbled on this "junk" - not that he knew what it was, but decided to pick it up from the neighbour's garbage on the sidewalk anyway. What I have now are a pair of speaker-stands complete with rubber slip-proof pads.

Sweetness: all I had to do was hosed them down (seems they've been outdoor for a bit now). I'm waiting for them to dry but in a bit I'll load'em into the car to take back to my apartment. Score!

1 comment:

Becks said...

Awesome!! I love when fortune winks at ya like that. :D