Wednesday, July 13, 2005

ZZ Top @ Bluesfest

It occurs to me that a lot of the time I make my life out to be fairly dull. But it's not entirely boring day to day. Take last night for instance. I live in Ottawa and there're plenty of live events to see in the summer: Bluesfest is one. I'm not a huge fan of blues music but I'll make an exception for hard rock laced with blues undertones.

The ZZ Top concert was fantastic. I learned that I really ought to expand my horizons. And that these guys have a repertoire of songs going back over 35 years. They played some stuff older than I am! ^_^;

But for the stuff I did know - wow: a pumping version of Viva Las Vegas followed by the classic "Eliminator" trilogy back-to-back was something else. And finally an encore performance where you could see who was a fan and who was just there because they had week-long event passes. After the "casuals" thinned out the crowd, the rest of us really got into their rendition of Jail House Rock and medley of Tush and La Grange - classics any fan worth their salt knows by heart.

Twenty-five bucks for a day-ticket? Heck, that was the bargain of the century.

1 comment:

Becks said...

Sweeeet! That sounds like a great time!

The charlie's daniels band was at the harbor fest in VA, I just thought it was a good cover band, but I got a closer look.. :O whoa!

so, it's not all comics and plasmas, eh? *wink* hehehe