Sunday, July 24, 2005

Force-FX: purple!

Well it started out fairly harmless - I hadn't planned on it. Up until this Friday I was still set to hunt for a blue lightsaber... but luck would have things turn out differently: While out and about yesterday, I walked into the local comic shop and was chatting with one of the guys at the counter. The lightsaber topic came up again so I asked if they'd be getting those fancy "Force FX" types in...

Turns out they had been holding onto a sold-out-from-the-manufacturer purple Mace Windu lightsaber... They called the guy who special ordered it but he never returned their call. In fact, if the guy didn't call within that day, the hold would be dropped and the product would be fair-game.

The guy also tipped me off that as of this week, anybody walking into the store wearing their store-logo T-shirt would be "surprised" with a 10% discount! *nudge nudge* Just goes to show it's not always what you know... but who you know.

So this morning, I hopped in, bought a T-shirt, put it on right away, and there you go - Works out to being a free T-shirt and a few bucks off...

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us
Yeah so the picture is kinda blurry - the dangers of dim-light photography... but you get to see a couple of things I didn't plan out: in the background between my face and the glowing blade you can make out my latest eBay winning: the statue of Kasumi bent over adjusting her stocking. My face is surprisingly clear and you get to see the new glasses I got back in May (and a haircut which just gives a goofy silhouette in the dark). What you don't see is the gold and chrome hilt of the lightsaber and the watch that I was bragging about earlier this year (oh well).


Also what you don't see is the funky Comic Book Shoppe logo on the front of the T-shirt (I didn't mean to hide it for the photo but I didn't really plan on taking a picture of it either).

No comments: