Monday, July 11, 2005

plasma-envy

Some people just had some very different priorities 5 years ago... I bought my first car.

My Singapore penpal sent me a JPG of her family room over the weekend ...I drooled at the sight of a 40-something inch plasma screen television. She told me it was a very old model: something her folks picked up years ago at a stunning $30'000SGD (that's just under $20'000 USD if I've done my math right). And in her own bed room is a 32" LCD television...

And to think I was gun-shy about firing off a few thousand bucks for a smaller LCD screen a little while back. If anything, this revelation about her television arrangement has gotten me thinking that I ought to be comfortable with spending money on a bit of luxury. Why confine my spending to a few comics a month or a few new gokin for my colletion every year?

Besides which, my car is about paid for (another two months, I believe)... *sigh*

3 comments:

Becks said...

Hey! Congrats on nearly having the car paid off. That's a big deal! I know how you feel about plasma envy. I have a wretched sad set up at my place, and drool over new units. But then I stop and tell myself, as nice as it would be to go get myself a flat screen... I think I'd rather have my bad ass 10x optical 6mp+ digital cam. Guess it's all in what brings you joy. If it be plasma, then it is plasma in which you should enduldge! :D

Becks said...

id I just da _E_nduldge? Man, ... that's sad. _I_ndulge. *nod* oye.

Becks said...

uhmm. I think I'm going to quit while I'm behind.