Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Force FX: the last word isn't

Well, I'm back from the store. Talked to Rob and showed him the lightsaber. He gave the eye and found the one thing that Master Replicas might use against me: a small blemish on the blade that happens to land dead-center where the dark spot is. He said, "to be honest, if I were MR, I would use this against you and say the customer obviously hit it too hard and broke it so we won't honour the warranty." Well...

My only counter would be to say, "there are similar markings all over the blade though." Just for the hell of it we also opened up a fresh sample the store happened to have in stock (a different one unfortunately) just to compare. Even I had to admit, the fresh one was somewhat more pristine than mine...

Anyhow, I knew I was telling him something he already knew, but I decided to mention it anyway figuring that I couldn't hurt: I was surprised at just how hard I had to hit it before it triggered the "clash" sound-effect. So you could imagine just how gingerly I had be handling - that it was highly unlikely that I would have been abusing it.

He took my name down for a replacement anyway (whether MR chooses to take mine back or not) so I'm covered. I thanked him and was on my way.

I'm almost afraid to light it up in the meantime...
...almost. Maybe I'll take a few more action shots if I have time for it. ^.^;;

No comments: