Thursday, July 21, 2005

mailbox: irony of ironies

After that post about the blue lightsaber I suddenly had the urge to run out and buy one of those Force FX edition props. I'd seen a couple around town before at several locations (all of which sold out fairly quickly). Naturally I spent the previous day or two after hours hopping from specialty store to specialty store looking for the high-end collectible. Didn't find the one I wanted.

This afternoon tho for whatever reason I decided to pick up some juice from the local market before heading home and decided to stop by another comicbook shop a little closer to home. What should I find there but that 1/6 scale Kasumi character statue. I stood there momentarily eyeing the price-tag doing calculations in my head about whether or not I had overpaid on eBay for the very same thing. (I didn't, thankfully).

Then it dawned on me: hey - that was just about a week ago! Shouldn't my own be arriving any day now? I'll go home and check!

Naturally by this time it was about 5:45pm... and what do I find in my mailbox but a notification card from the post office saying that they'd dropped off my box in a "safe-drop" location... that location being my apartment admin office... *sigh*

I guess I'll be hurrying home tomorrow after work! "Yippeeeee!"

Ten points to whoever can ID that last quote for me... ~_^

1 comment:

Becks said...

Droopy dog?

That's my guess. hehehe.

Don't you love when that happens? I had something coming fed ex, and specifically signed off on "leave on porch". I come home, there is a note "left in office". GRRRR.