Friday, July 08, 2005

it's worse... I'm so lonely...

What's worse than a dull afternoon in the office? It's being the only one here on a Friday... the rest of my cube-mates had the foresight to book the afternoon. Which normally ain't that bad. But there sounds like somebody else in the cube adjacent to mine who I don't know (not part of our division - might just be a temp or something). So I'm hesitant to play my music....

Well, it's 3pm. Another hour? I'm thinking I might just skip out for f*ck sake.

Wanna know how I dealt with the last hour? I'm completely unmotivated. I debugged some minor compiler error I had really slowly. That is, I'd check something and then turn away for absolutely no reason... sometimes just to stare out the window. Some times to shuffle a few sheet of paper around. At one point I even pulled out my PSP and watched part of that Ultraman Nexus show I mentioned this morning!! ...and I got away with all this slack...

Naturally I had a crazy-long lunch break alone for almost 2 hours...

Bah! I just had to get this all out of my system. I'm thinking perhaps I oughtta get back and do a bit of serious work before heading out. But still... do have that motivation problem. I'm in one of those dead-zones. I'm fairly certain that I put in a fair amount of effort at work. I'm entitled to some slack now and then, but today's just been ridiculous. I mean, if I were boss and I knew what I know about myself, I'd have myself fired.

1 comment:

Becks said...

heh. yeah. I feel ya. I'm the only one on campus today. I went from opening about 40 doors at 7:30, to being bombarded by lost students at 7:45, and... now...*watches tumbleweed go by*... yeaaah.