Monday, August 22, 2005

Wishlist: if it weren't for that traffic ticket...

Funny how sometimes wish-lists are more fun than actually going out and acquiring stuff. Daydreaming can be fun and I’ll likely be doing a bit more for the next couple of months considering what’s happening with the traffic ticket FusionAce is about to get in the mail…

  1. The Pioneer DV-588A-S – well, after several days of researching this sucker, it sounds like a decent player after all. And the price is just about right. I’d obviously like it to drop a bit further than it is right now, but still… all things considered, it’s fairly affordable even for the tight-wads of the world. I spoke to my brother this weekend and he said he’d be glad to take my old bare-bones player off my hands when he gets a place of his own in the (hopefully) near future. Nothing I hate more than derelict equipment that’s in perfectly good shape.

  2. An upgrade to my cabling between my home theatre components. The plan is to start small. Since my television is a bit dated, hi-tech is out of the question since I don’t have S-Video or Component options. But I can ensure I get the best of what I do have by purchasing a Monster brand cable for the Composite video feed. Better than nothin’ I say. I’m looking at no more than $30 for such a cable. Not bad.

  3. More PC upgrades – no, not the case yet. I seem to have a small reprieve with that CPU cooling fan (it acted up and was buzzing real loud last night, but seemed to have settled down now)… must’ve been dust or something caught in the ball-bearings. But still. If I had my choice I’d follow babou’s example and get one of those Arctic Cooler Heat-sink/Fan combos. Duh, while I’m at it (having to remove the assembly from the motherboard), I think I’d like to spring for a CPU upgrade as well. Hmm… looks like the price has dropped another 5 bucks in the last month I’ve been dilly-dallying over this.

  4. Batman all over again. Yes, I collected the first run individual issues of the Hush story a couple of years ago when my hero, Jim Lee made his triumphant return to drawing comics (on a hi-profile Batman gig, no less). But this I gotta see – a single volume in over-sized format bound in a hardcover. Granted this link is for the very limited version with a unique sketch by Jim himself – I’ll settle for the regular edition expected to come out later this year at a mere 50 bucks or so. And hopefully my favourite store will have it in stock so I’ll be able to get my “T-Shirt” discount.

  5. Speaking of the shop, no I haven’t heard anything from The Rob yet. The last time I was there, I noticed that they did indeed get some new stock, but it was a blue “Anakin Skywalker” model so still nothing to replace my purple “Mace Windu” collectable. If anything would totally make my week, it’d be that I get a call from Rob tomorrow morning saying, “Guess what? You’re getting your replacement on Wednesday!” That would be sweet.

  6. The fact that I was supposed to have finished paying for my car this month means that next month this traffic ticket I'm getting will be like a 61st payment to make... which implies I'm gonna put off that new MP3 player I've had my eye on. *sigh* such coolness in its simplicity. Then again, I'm also waiting for Futureshop to rotate their sale-price to this model ...if I'm lucky I'll be able to swing a $70 discount or so. Plus I've been talking to friends who know a little something. Starfish offered to lend his expertise (and tools) to disconnect the car battery and I know another guy who'd installed car radios before...

No comments: