Thursday, August 04, 2005

for the record: stable at 166MHz

Thanks go out to babou for for tipping me off on this. I had to switch my BIOS over to manual mode to access this speed, but still... I get better clock latency at this speed.... and I've been running for just about two hours now.

Played some videos, chatted on MSN with my brother, lots of typing (a bit of blogging, actually), running a bit-torrent client, ripping a music CD to my drive, playing said music.

I even tried to reinstall that USB keyboard - mighty suspisious that it would die out on me the very same day I upgraded my RAM, eh? To hell with it - I never really liked it anyway. The only good thing about it was those hot-keys for my broadband connection and MS Outlook.

1 comment:

Becks said...

It's been a while, I'll have to get my geek speak translator out, but I do recall both of our machines being overclocked and the only difference I saw was the test cubes moving faster. Sounds like you have a good bead on it though! Geeks rule!