Saturday, August 13, 2005

Supergirl: rebooted

So I finally got around to taking advantage of that goofy store-logo T-shirt: wear it into the store and get a 10% discount on everything from comics to DVDs... and since I arrived a little too early I found I had to pay the parking meter. Well you best believe that I would certain take the store for at least that buck-fifty I just dropped into the meter. I think I spent just under $40 so that was nearly $4 in discounts I collected. More than enough to pay for the parking on the street that afternoon.

One of the gems I snatched up was the recent reboot of DC's Supergirl character. Older fans may recall some wacky story about a girl who was Superman's cousin who came from a fragment of planet Krypton who came to Earth... and there was that horrible movie with Helen Slater back in the 80's. Ugh.

Anyway, DCU effectively killed off that iteration of Supergirl back in the mid-80's. But time and time again they brought her back in different incarnations... sometimes an clone, sometimes an android, sometimes... oh forget it. Sooner or later tho they had to come back to a "long-lost Kryptonian cousin" tho... and this year they finally did it.

Yours truly used a couple of custom hi-res scans and built this today... I intend to use as a wallpaper in my office. I'm also somewhat curious as to how long before I start to see this file posted somewhere without my permission... BTW - artwork is by Michael Turner, for those of you who are wondering. Copyrights are obviously DC Comics, etc...

2 comments:

Becks said...

Hey, have you ever heard of The ledgend of Isis, the comic book? I've got a bunch of signed mint stuff from the creator. My friend here at work is one of the characters in it. :)

Super girl is HOT. *nod*

Ben-Ohki said...

Will need to look up Isis (rings bell tho).

I'm partial to the previous Supergirl (the one with the white baby-tee and mini-skirt) - the origin of that costume was hilarious. Too bad they went and did the reboot just as the story was getting good.