Sunday, August 07, 2005

out of sync? nice to know

So I was talking to one of my old Montreal buddies this weekend and everything suddenly makes sense now... he tells me that if my front side bus is slower, it'll be difficult to run a stable machine if the memory is going too fast - the clock cycles go out of sync.

And this is where "overclocking" becomes a feasible and logical step. I could ramp up my FSB settings by playing with the multipliers on the clocking. The side effects: decreased stability on my CPU.

Well, can't have it all.

But I funny coicidence was that this morning my CPU cooling fan started buzzing - as tho my bearings were starting to go. All the more reason for me to change the fan... maybe even the CPU while I'm at it...

I gotta stop before I end up spending too much money on this.

No comments: