Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Whee! I can see!

Feels weird... I haven't updated my prescription eyewear in what feels like forever (honestly I can't recall what year I got the previous pair of glasses). I think they were some time 10 years ago. The optometrist said my sight hadn't worsened much over time (I last went for an exam 4 years ago).

At the time I thought to myself, "I've got insurance for this - may as well go fancy" and used my prescription for a pair of shades. The result was that when the sun was out - I could see better than on a cloudy day. ^_^;
But not by much.

So this time around, when I picked up my new glasses, making the jump from a 10-year-old prescription to the current one was insanely disorienting. The optometrist on duty fitted me and suggested I drive home with my old pair.

As the sun was out, I drove home with my sunglasses to ease the transition. At home I switched over to my new glasses... that was 3 hours ago. I've done dishes, watched a bit of television, read a bit, even went to the bathroom. Still feels weird. I'm pretty sure I'll be good once I get up in the morning though.

No comments: