Tuesday, May 24, 2005

Goodies from Toy-Wave

A thanks go out to Ken again for bringing me access to goodies of all kinds from Asia by way of the mircle of Internet e-commerce. In the mail: Kamen Rider Faiz SIC, a PVC statue of Maria Fleed (from Goldorak, of course), and a couple of Microman renditions of Street Fighter 2 characters.

I had also inquired about an SIC edition of Kamen Rider Ryuki but Ken says he was sold out at the time... but that he'd look for one from his suppliers. That was nice of him but I hope he doesn't intend to charge me a finder's fee considering he was already listing it on the site. ~_~;

I'm not big on the SIC line as they're yet another line-up of doodads for me to crowd into my cramped apartment. But there's something arguably cool about the concept. SIC is a line of original re-interpretations of well-known Japanese super-heroes. The Kamen-Riders are kinda like a grown-up "Power Ranger" - themes tend to be a little darker and are geared towards an older audience... albiet a youthful older audience. But still, there's a noticeable difference in presentation and product. As for Faiz and Ryuki in particular, I was able to watch these incarnations thanks to the wonders of modern tech... a little something we call bit-torrent and so they have a special place inside me. ^_^

Another order from this weekend went through YesAsia.com - specializing in legit DVD releases from overseas. Got DVDs of House of Fury, the "Star Mobile" concert event from last winter, a concert by "12 Girl Band" (a marvelous team of laides performing on traditional Chinese string-instruments), and a music-video collection of some HK pop group.

Funny, I feel so much better now - like things have really gone back to normal now that I have something to look forward to in the mail.

No comments: