Friday, May 13, 2005

not geeeking out fast enough

Seems that lately I haven't been on the ball. A few months ago I managed to download the remake of Appleseed (a modern CG-animated feature-film based on the old sci-fi manga classic). At the time I woke up on a Wednesday morning, checked my bit-torrent, found it was okay - watched about 5 minutes of it and then left for work... later totally forgetting about it thinking: well, sooner or later I'll do a DVD of it and watch it in the living room with the full 5.1 sound (let's hear it for OGG-Vorbis codecs).

I was later reminded of this set of files while browsing the forums at Robot-Japan. This was several months later...

Nevermind this whole time Appleseed had been long-since licensed for North American distrubution and the fansub on my hard-drive was already highly illegal. ^_^;

Naturally, last night I'm at the mall placing an order for a new pair of glasses when I wander into HMV to find that very movie for a bargain basement price of only $15... So much for that Ogg-Vorbis business...

No comments: