Wednesday, May 04, 2005

Me, Marv, and Yoko ...and that little Batman.

You'd think one of these days I'd learn my lesson - I'm bound to find some crap on top of all the comics I originally intended to buy every time I wander into the shop after a long day at the office...

After I scoured the ailses for the usual stack of books (this week's included New Avengers #5, Legion of Super-Heroes #5, and Amazing Fantasy #8), I ended up aimlessly poking my nose through every nook and cranny in the place. I decided Catwoman was lonely again so I grabbed another one of those Micronaut-styled Batman guys. Also snagged the last copy of Sin City (seems the original collected edition featuring Marv has been selling like hot-cakes since the movie came out). Now's my chance to find out all about the hub-bub for myself.

And finally, here's the kicker for the night: finally managed to find the new Ishida album. Ms. Yoko Ishida is known to a small cult-following thanks to her huge repetoire of anime theme-songs, the first of which was over ten years ago when she (still not more than a kid at the time) performed the ending theme to season 2 of Sailor Moon, "A Maiden's Policy." Lucky for me, Pioneer has seen fit to distribute English-packaged CDs of her music across North American via their Geneon label.

Image Hosted by ImageShack.us

I don't know what it is, the insert for this particular album features photos of her that look kind-a photoshopped... nobody has any right to be that beautiful. Her previous album made her out to be more plain, which I quite prefer, actually. Overall, I was always rather surprised that she even turned out to look exactly the way I had imagined her a decade ago when I first heard her voice. Generally strange thought.

1 comment:

running42k said...

Funny I was just talking about comics the other day. I will need to blog about them.

That lady is indeed hot.