Wednesday, May 18, 2005

eye-wear: just in time for Star Wars?

So I just got a call from the optician. My new glasses are finally ready! (Actually, it was a little faster than expected). Going over to get them fitted right after work today.

Works out because I have plans to see Star Wars tomorrow night. Now I'll see every little detail on the screen. ^o^;

Yup - I'm finally going to do the whole cultural-icon thing. I've had the worst luck with Star Wars films at the theatre. Never been able to go on an opening weekend to soak up the atmosphere or excitement for the new film.

May 1999 was when I moved here... I was lucky to meet up with my college buddies in Montreal a couple of weeks later to see Episode 1 (hidesight would later reveal that the movie sucked anyway).

When 2002 rolled around, life got in the way. None of my friends were available to see Episode 2 with me. Those who saw it had their own plans in advance. I did the geek thing and ended up going by myself on a rainy Sunday morning (which worked out just fine because I have a tendency to zone out everything when I'm in my theatre seat anyway). But still - would've been so much more fun to be with Starfish or somebody.

This time - I'm grabbing Starfish after work and heading over to line-up. Nothing's going to stop me. Well... not unless our process cycle still hasn't finished by tomorrow. But even then... ^_^;

...I'm sure I could convince somebody else to go with.

1 comment:

Becks said...

sooo...what about casually asking UDG to tag along? hmm?

Just a thought.

Sounds like a great time! I've not seen any of the starwars in a theater, but one. The first. man that was forever ago.