Friday, May 27, 2005

Meanwhile on "eBay West"

The day dragged on this afternoon and I was desperately trying to remain more or less busy... you know how it is. The place was dead and you know the drill... hit eBay and browse a little.

Placed a bid for Kill Bill on UMD. Not sure if I already mentioned this, but it's like the one movie I wouldn't mind having on UMD (since I've already seen it and a portable action-flick would be neat). And yet, as an odd stroke of coincidence, it's not available in Canada. Copies are all over eBay and local stores carrying the new UMD format never seem to have it around.

Anyway, found it today at a decent price with shipping so I bid what I felt was a fair price. I disagree with the pricing scheme on UMDs in general (some retail higher than others), but base prices are okay. Any higher and I feel like I ought to be watching it on my home-theatre than on a tiny 4.5-inch LCD.

We'll see if I win. The auction's out west so their idea of 9pm is actually several hours away...

1 comment:

Becks said...

did ya win?