Wednesday, May 25, 2005

SIC23: Ken comes thru again!

Well, got an email from Ken at Toy-Wave - seems he was able to locate one last "Super Imaginative Chogokin" (23rd Edition) Ryuki for me! Sweetness. He just tacked it onto my existing order so I didn't pay any shipping overhead for it either. That was cool of him.

Now it's time to twiddle my thumbs waiting for this stuff to arrive...

Also got a shipping confirmation from YesAsia so I gotta guess that my stuff will arrive at my parent's house next week... (I have that particular shop ship there so that my folks get to watch my Chinese movies if they choose to). I think they'll get a kick out of "House of Fury" - my father has a thing for comedies... especially action-slapstick.

A colleague stopped by my office today. Must've been one hell of a short week for her considering we just had Victoria Day but she was on her way out for the weekend (it's Wednesday for cryin' out loud!)... Anyway, said she was looking forward to taking some course with me... and that was when it dawned on me that I have next week off! Yay! I'm off-site for technical training so I won't be at the ass-end of town for a change.

Speaking of being in the middle of civilization, I stopped at Best Buy after work today on the way. Scored a 2-pack of anime this time for the insane price of $22. Something called Millenium Actress (I read about this before but I don't remember anything about it - I think it's a super-natural thriller). And the other was Ghost in the Shell 2 (the long-awaited sequel to a mid-90's cyberpunk classic)... And yeah, I made sure the spine on Ghost was marked with "V4" indicating this was one of the discs that was issued after the factory recall when fans made an uproar over the wacky sub-title job they did. Nobody's sure why Miramax replaced the official translation as seen in theatres with a set of "closed-captioned" text based on the English dub dialogue. It's not like they had any real work to do since all the translations were already done.

Anywho - will post some reviews after I've had some time with these.

No comments: