Monday, January 08, 2007

Wetworks mix-up

In over 15 years of collecting comics (off and on anyway) I've always kept a reasonable mental check-list of stuff of stuff I had intended to pick up at the local comic book shop. And if there's any doubts ("wait, what issue number was I supposed to get?"), then I'd just leave it for "next time."

Well, I delayed grabbing Wetworks #4 because I was away for the holidays. When I got back to the shop last week, I grabbed the issue of Wetworks on the stands... I only realized over the weekend that it was the issue published back in November. That's right, I dropped the ball - the first time I've ever bought an identical issue of a book I'd already read in 15 years.

*sigh* It had to happen sooner or later.



Which further begs the question, why hadn't issue #4 caught my eye at the store last week? You'd figure the image of a half-naked female cyborg would've done so.

No comments: