Thursday, January 11, 2007

Ultraman madness

Feeling a little goofy tonite, I tore open the box of DVDs that arrived in the mail from Amazon... And there was a sweet Ultraman T-shirt included in the collector's version of volume 1 of Ultraman Tiga. You know, for an extra 5 or 10 bucks, you can't go wrong with getting a T-shirt. If anything, it's a unique little goody... and decently exclusive to boot! You don't know how annoying it was to see another guy on the street wearing the same "exclusive" Skull One T-shirt I got from my collector's set of Robotech Battlecry for PS2. Luckily we weren't wearing it the same day.

But since the Ultraman franchise failed miserably in North America... it's not bloody likely I'll ever meet anybody else with the same collector's DVD T-shirt. ^_^;;

I'm including a few random screens from the first episode to give you an idea what's going on with this sort of thing – goofy indeed. You know what's funny tho... I've grown so accustomed to watching videos on my PC or encoded to whatever mystery format the PSP uses, that it's weird to be watching this on my tv screen. The footage looks grainy in these pure screen-captures, but looks just fine on a regular television. Still, it's pretty darn clean.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You know.. I never saw this show even once. I always thought he looked cool though. Anyway, the shirt is nice!

running42k said...

Nice shirt. I remember Ultraman from when I was a kid. Great show.