Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Post X-Mas: MP-04

Quick note I didn't think to blog earlier, but I was downtown recently with a wad of cash burning a hole in my pocket...

Convoy (better known as Optimus Prime) now shares real-estate with Roy Fokker's VF-1S (another icon of the 80's).


In a turn of irony, although I sprung for the MP-04 version which includes the very rare elusive trailer (which to date has not been available in North America), I simply do not have room to display the trailer... making this a crappy version of MP-01 on my shelf.

I say crappy because it seems Takara has not been able to deliver consistent quality control after the initial MP-01 release. All subsequent reissues of this mold had not-so-great paint jobs, etc... I personally made a judgment call after inspecting it (kudos to the guy at Silver Snail for allowing me to unseal the box to take a look). Yes, well, I guess I'm not that picky after all. At least I got the full-sized non-child-safety regulated smoke-stacks on him. Eat your heart out, DJ Specs. ^_^;

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GOGO Optimus!