Monday, January 29, 2007

DL conspiracy: final chapter?

About 4 months ago I had resigned to the fact that Nero wasn't doing its job.

And then about a week or so later, I found a player that actually played my burns.

And you know what else I've discovered since then?
My dad found yet another player that also plays my burns. And of all brands ...it's a Sony one. Yes, the same company so screwed up over content management that they made the PSP insanely user-unfriendly when it came to putting multimedia on it.

The catch? I still haven't figured out what the story is. I have some dual-layer discs that play absolutely flawlessly (and I mean totally glitch-free unlike that grocery-store Accura one)...

...and some that refuse to play at all beyond the main title page. The common denominator being that those were all burned using Nero. I mean, what the hell? I'm not debating whether or not risk yet another DL disc in an attempt to prove that CloneDVD burns work Nero burn don't... And seriously, these discs still aren't common-place enough to be considered cheap.

No comments: