Monday, January 22, 2007

Things wanted & things needed

My weekend haul was a little strange this week. I was busy searching for a few items at the typical enthusiast destinations and didn't find what I was hoping to find. Chalk it up to the nature of my hobbies.

Revoltech (see previous entry): I grabbed the Ingram 2 (already have the first one). It's practically identical except for the markings. The head and shoulders are different, comes with the shotgun but for the most part, it was weird to be getting second Ingram. Still, I aim to collect all of the Patlabor-related ones. It's tempting to grab the others too but... Oh well.

Actually, a Revoltech Optimus Prime is out - just not available locally yet.

Pot of "red gore" paint mixed by Citadel. It's one of the primary colours on my Warhammer model army. I wonder how many years this little pot will last. ^_^;

Copy of C.S. Goto's "Dawn of War" novel. I haven't read any of the WH40K novels before so I'm looking forward to this just to taste. I'm guessing it ties in with the video game... I'll blog this when I get to it.

Copy of "X-Men The 198." This marks the completion of my "Decimation" collection. Just in time for the "Civil War" collected editions announces for this spring. It does not however, mark the completion of my "House of M" collection as I'm still missing one book from that line-up.

Despite my best efforts, I was not able to find a copy of "Transformers Spotlight: Ultra Magnus." My buddy from Robot Japan, Rob Musso took on the art chores for this issue making it his first big-time publishing gig. I give him moral support... because quite frankly, it seems this entire city is sold out of that particular comic book.

Y'know, I really wanted to make this entry a photo-blog. But my camera has decided to start acting weird (like sucking batteries dry even when it's OFF). My brother's camera did this too a few years ago sending him on an odyssey of buying several cameras in rapid succession over the years. I swear I will not buy any more HP products - they're overrated, IMHO.

But first ...I just discovered a 4Gb USB drive for an insane good price. I'll tell you about it later.

No comments: