Thursday, January 11, 2007

Err on the side of caution

Maybe you read it, maybe you don't. But I maintain two seperate blogs (the other is about my day to day boring life like working, paying bills, keeping the house clean, visiting my folks and a few friends out of town, etc). I think it got lost somewhere in there during the holiday break a couple of weeks ago that I mentioned I placed an order with Amazon for an out-of-print DVD.

When they don't have it on hand, they typically tell you "will ship in 4 to 6 weeks." If it's something known to be rare, they'll even say 3 or 5 months. Which is nice to know up front (the 6 month limit means they'll cancel the order if they can't find it for you - this happened to an order of Clone Strike Minis last year).

Well anyway, I wasn't expecting anything to arrive for another 2 weeks but last night I got an email from Amazon saying my order had shipped! That's pretty sweet.

Oh, and in case you're curious... I've been on a "tokusatsu" kick lately. That's Japanese for "special effects" and more commonly refers to tv series or movies with costumed heroes ...like Power Rangers "Super Sentai" series. More specifically I've been trying to hang on to my South-Asian heritage and watch some Ultraman and Kamen Rider. Well, I decided to track down the uncut sub-titled DVDs of Ultraman Tiga that came out a few years ago. I ordered volume 1 (with 12 episodes) and a direct-to-video movie that teamed up Tiga and Ultraman Dyna. I think eventually I'll attempt to track down the rest of the Tiga series but we'll see.

I'll be sure to blog when I start watching them. Maybe as early as this weekend! ^_^

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I used to love the first and second series of the American Power Rangers show... haha